by Andrew Osborne
I sometimes get angry at Nirvana for ruining music, but after watching their Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction tonight, all is forgiven because…
- Oh, that’s right…I actually like all of their songs, and “alternative” music and the same horrible 20 singles on the KROQ, WFNX and WBCN playlists over and over and over again for 10 years wasn’t technically their fault.
- Their set with the all lady singers on lead vocals was pretty awesome.
- One of those lady singers was Joan Jett.
- Holy shit, Kim Gordon is still fucking hot as hell.
- Also, Kim Gordon should totally tour with Nirvana.
- I’m not sure how I feel about that St. Vincent chick, but she does a damn fine “Lithium” cover.
- Dave Grohl gave a shout out (by name) to all the Nirvana drummers before him who didn’t become international superstars.
- Michael Stipe gave an induction speech that made me want him to run for Congress.
- Courtney Love said, like, three non-histrionic sentences, didn’t react to the boos from the crowd, acted more or less like a (terribly Botox-ed) human being and then just chilled out with Stipe in the audience for the rest of the night.
- Dave Grohl inexplicably thanked my father, “Buzz” Osborne. (Or maybe the guy from the Melvins, but I’m pretty sure it was my father.)